BEFORE your Injection -
1. STOP all supplements /medications containing: Vitamin E, C, fish oil/omega-3, gingko biloba, ginseng, aspirin, ibuprofen (ADVIL), naproxen (ALEVE), anti-inflammatories (CELEBREX) 1 week BEFORE injectables to minimize/avoid bruising.
2. The day of your appointment, clean up your face and avoid wearing make-up to decrease chance of infections.
2. DO NOT drink ALCOHOL the day before the injection to minimize/avoid bruising.
3. EAT and HYDRATE at least 1 hour before your appointment.
4. Re-schedule your appointment if: you have a cold sore (lip fillers), acute illness, rashes, fever, dental work or not feeling well.
AFTER your Injection -
Post Neuromodulator (Botox, Xeomin, Dysport) Injection:
- It can take 3-7 days to start seeing results
- Full effect in 14-30 days.
- Stay UPRIGHT (do not BEND over or LAY DOWN) x 4 hours post injection.
- Do not massage the area x 4 hours.
- Do not apply make up for the rest of the day.
- Avoid Exercise, hot tubs, saunas and excessive sweating post- injection.
Post Dermal Filler Injection:
- DO NOT SLEEP on your face, SLEEP on your BACK x 24-48 hours
- DO NOT apply make -up for 24 hours after injection.
- DO NOT drink ALCOHOL the day of the injection x 24 hours
- You can start your supplements after 2-3 days if no bruising.
- AVOID doing vigorous exercise after the injection until the next day.
- You can apply ice/cold pack and apply ARNICA MONTANA gel to area.
- Benadryl or Tylenol can be taken to minimize discomfort and swelling.
- Avoid HOT beverages after lip injections (Day of injection)
POSSIBLE ADVERSE EFFECTS
If you suffer from visual difficulties/pain or shortness of breath call 911 or go to ER.
- Swelling (MOST COMMON) and sensitivity: will last approx. 2-3 days, you can use a cool pack + Benadryl.
- Bruising: can last up to 1 week or so. (VERY COMMON)
- BUMPS/LUMPS (early): gentle massage and warm compresses should help. Call Us if any questions
- Allergic reaction: swelling (severe), itchy. Take Benadryl and call us.
- Late nodules (months after injectable): come for follow up.
- Filler will set in 2 weeks.
- Soreness, bumps in site of injection are the most common. It will improve after a few days to 2 weeks.
- Sleep on back! X 24-48 h
- Soreness, pressure, burning, swelling, bruising: will improve over 3-7 days. You can take Tylenol or Advil for pain.
- Mild soreness, swelling, bruising.
- Avoid using glasses for 2-3 days after filler.
- Tip of nose can feel sore for up to 2 weeks post- injection.